Tuesday 21 May 2013

Shame about the Guilt Trip


By James Kyle

I called this blog "Personal Power Now" and I would hope that at least some of you, in response of what I have to offer, can significantly improve your life. I say this in relation to this post because I truly believe that if you really take in the following recording then this could become for you a personal transformational experience.

It is by Albert Ellis, the founder of Rational Emotive Therapy (RET) and is 10 minutes long. I will have more to say on RET in subsequent posts.



To reinforce the above the essence of the required shift is this:

1) Guilt blocks self-awareness
2) Self awareness is needed for change
3) To facilitate self-awareness we need to learn to be self-accepting
4) Accepting self responsibility kickstarts the process by personally taking on the role of shifting our paradigm from one of guilt to that of self-acceptance
5) A key is to realise that all of us, you and me, and everyone else always do the best we can do at the time.

So just let go of the guilt, move into self acceptance, use self awareness to change, and watch your life transform. Simples.

No comments :

Post a Comment